Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Can You Make Money Doing Surveys?

You've seen the ads "make $1000 a day at home hour doing surveys", right? Wrong! You can make some money from surveys but you can't make a living by doing them. Here's the skinny. I got involved in the whole survey thing in August of last year. Why? Because I was searching for a way to make some extra money to have a little extra spending money and possibly help pay some of my credit card debt off. Well, I am making extra money but not as much as I would like. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for what I have received. Mostly it's gone in my gas tank and to my kids who always need money for a field trip, for this, or for that. So if your thinking of getting into surveys you need to weigh is it worth my time and it does take a lot of time. You can't make a living doing them but you can make some extra cash. Here is what I have earned so far: $80 in Amazon gift certificates, $10 WalMart gift card, $10 American Express card, and about $50 in cash. Some survey companies compensate in points where you rack up points for doing their surveys and then redeem them for cash or prizes. Then there are some that don't pay anything but you can redeem your points for sweepstakes entries. By the way, I haven't won anything yet but who knows maybe... So it all boils down to is it worth your time. Oh, one last thing don't EVER PAY for a list of survey sites. They are all scams!

I have just skimmed the surface, if you are still interested check out katieshugs.com for more details. It helped me tremendously.

No comments: