Thursday, January 17, 2008

GPT Sites - What are they?

GPT or Get Paid To are sites that pay for you for signing up for offers/services, shopping, or surveys. These are fairly new to me so I'm learning as I go. Actually,I am trying out two now which I will provide links for later. Here's a breakdown of how they work.

1. Sign up with one like Raining Riches or Dragon's Gold. Go to the site and register with your real information. They will not spam you.

2. Get a free email account like Yahoo, Hotmail, or Gmail. I use Gmail. With Gmail you can use the dot method. This way your email will look different to the sponsors.
Example: yourname2008@gmail.com
y.ourname2008@gmail.com
yo.urname2008@gmail.com and so on

3. Get a cookie cleaner like CCleaner. By the way, it's free. After each offer you complete you need to clear your cookies. (OMG, all this talk of cookies is making me hungry!) Why? Because if you don't clear them your visit won't be reported correctly, thus you won't receive credit. way, it

4. Some recommend signing up for Roboform which would save me time by automatically filling in the forms. It's free for 30 days and then you have to pay for it. Since I'm trying to make money and not spend any, I won't be signing up. I've provided the link in case you want to try it.

5. Many forms will ask for a phone number. Who wants to give out their home phone number and be slammed with telemarketers? A way around this is to sign up for Brring.com. You will have to give them your private number and then pick a number from their site. I would suggest one with your same area code. I used my cell number. Every time someone calls me they hear a brief advertisement before I pick up. I use this for all offers I complete. So far, I have not received one call from an advertiser. They usually hang up. The good part is I still get paid for the call.

Now you're ready. Let me walk you through this. Say you are signed up with Raining Riches. Go to "Freebies". Find one that interests you like Generous Genie, Winning Surveys, MIDS, or email/zip submits. Follow the directions for the offer. Some all you enter is email, address, and phone, but some require to complete thru to 3rd page. Click on the banner or title which takes you to the site. Once there fill in the required information. Don't forget to use your free email account and your Brring number if it asks for phone. You may have to go thru several pages of offers. Go back to Raining Riches, enter the email that you used for the offer (your free email) and click submit. That's it. You've competed your first offer. It may seem confusing at first. The best advice I can give you is to just try it.

Is it worth it? I haven't cashed out yet. To date, I've made $6.26 and I need $20 to cash out. I've been with them since November '07. Personally, I am impatient and don't feel like going thru offer after offer after offer. You get the picture. I work full-time which makes it more difficult for me to find time especially with kids and trying to keep my home in order. But for someone who is a stay at home mom, or home-bound, or a college student, it's an easy way to make money.

No comments: