Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Inbox Dollars...The Good & The Bad



Can you really get paid to read emails? Yes you can but very little. I joined because I heard it on Good Morning America. I think, or maybe The Today Show. Anywho.... They were talking about getting paid to read email or PTR. I can always use the extra cash so I decided to give it a whirl. Since August 2007, I have made $12.22. Very slowly the cash is adding up.

Here is the good and the bad of inbox dollars. First, make sure you don't use your personal email account. Get a Hotmail, Google, Yahoo, or Gmail account because you may start to receive junk. (I know I did.) After you join, they start sending you emails. I get about maybe 4-5 per day. I make 2 to 5 cents per email that I read. They send me lots of offers to sign up for. For example, sign up to receive a free trial period of stamps.com. I don't sign up for these because I will invariably forget to cancel the membership and then I'm stuck paying a fee for something I didn't want to begin with. So if you have a better memory than me, then you can make a little more doing offers. Just please make sure to read everything, that is, read all terms and regulations before you click submit. You can also make money with them by referring your friends. It's $5 per person, that signs up through you.

Now let's talk about payout. I haven't made enough to even think about cashing out. They have a minimum of $30. But I have done some research and found that when you ask for your payment, they take out $3 for processing and it usually takes 1 - 2 months to finally receive your check.

So, is Inbox Dollars for you? As for me, I am going to stay with them and continue clicking away. I don't want to lose what I have already earned! When I reach their payout limit I am done. For me it is a waste of time especially since I work full-time. Some like me may find it to be a complete waste of time, while others don't mind. The main thing to remember is, it just takes time to accumulate cash and you certainly cannot make a living by doing it, but you can earn a little extra.

No comments: